Richard A. Granowitz, APLC
Los Angeles native Richard A. Granowitz received his Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude from UCLA in 1974. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1977, and was admitted to the California Bar the same year. During law school, he served as a judicial extern for the California Court of Appeal, Fourth District, Division One. Mr. Granowitz is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Central District of California and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Granowitz specializes in family law, including divorce, child custody, property division, child support, and related issues. Since 1983, he has been distinguished as a Certified Specialist in the field of family law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Based on his expertise, he has testified as an expert witness in family law cases. In addition to family law, Mr. Granowitz also practices real estate and business litigation in San Bernardino, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, and Victorville courts. He occasionally accepts cases in other jurisdictions as well.
In May, 2001, Mr. Granowitz was featured as one of 12 selected California litigators in California Lawyer magazine's "Gators" issue. He has also been noted by Inland Empire magazine in "The Inland Empire's Best Lawyers" issues each year since 2006, and by Southern California Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top attorneys in California each year beginning in January, 2010. Mr. Granowitz's selection in Super Lawyers, an honor received by no more than 5 percent of lawyers in the state, was also published in Los Angeles magazine, as well as a supplement to The New York Times (Los Angeles and Orange County distribution).
Mr. Granowitz is rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell, which reflects the highest possible peer attorney rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. This distinction represents "the pinnacle of professional excellence earned through strenuous Peer Review Rating process that is managed and monitored by the world's most trusted legal resource."
Mr. Granowitz has been honored with the 2015 Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award for excellence in quality of service, overall value, responsiveness and communication ability, based on Client Review Ratings.
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctor cum laude, 1977
- University of California at Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts cum laude, 1974
- California, 1977
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1979
- United States Supreme Court, 1999
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- San Bernardino County Bar Association, Fee Arbitrator
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
Certifications and Honors
- Certified Specialist, Family Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 1983 to present, including Divorce, Property Division, Child Custody, Visitation Rights, Spousal Support, and Child Support
- Featured as one of 12 selected California litigators, California Lawyer magazine, "Gators" issue, May, 2001
- Noted by Inland Empire magazine in "The Inland Empire's Best Lawyers" issues each year since 2006, including Family Law, Child Support, Domestic Partnerships, Breach of Contract, Business Law, Business Litigation, Contract Law, Real Estate Litigation, Construction Law, and Civil Litigation
- Selected by Southern California Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top attorneys in California each year beginning February, 2010
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys
- 2015 Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award